How do I add a study?
If you haven't done so, email the Psychology Technician to add you as a researcher. Once you received your login details you can login as a researcher. Adding a study is pretty straightforward and the options self-explanatory but if you need assistance contact the Psychology Technician. Make sure you choose the option to make your study active. Once you have finished filling in your study's details click on the "Add study" button which will send an approval request to the Psychology Technician.
Things to note:
• Make sure that you add your ethics approval code. Without this your study will not be approved.
• Make sure that you give the appropriate number of credits. Currently is 0.5 credits per 15mins of participation time. Do not try to attract more participants (Ps) by giving 2 credits for e.g. 35mins but instead you should give 1.5 credits.
• The maximum number of credits that can be given is 4. Even if your study takes more than two hours, no more than 4 credits can be given and credits cannot be transferred to next semester.
How the credits are given? Is it something that I need to do?
This depends on the type of study you have added to the StReP system:
• If it is a lab study whereby you offered timeslots and Ps sign up to these slots then you should grant the credits manually within 48 hours after they completed your study.
• If it is a survey that has been created from within the StReP (StReP has its own survey tool) then again the credits should be by default allocated to the Ps automatically.
• If is a survey that has been created externally (using survey platforms such as surveymonkey, Bristol Online Surveys, e.t.c.) then the credits are not given automatically to the Ps. Please contact the psychology technician to discuss the options.
For studies that will not use the StReP system, no credits are given. For instance, if you emailed your survey to the participants or recruit participants from a class then no credits will be given and it is your responsibility to make this clear.
How do I go about adding a survey hosted by SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, Bristol Online Surveys, etc.
When you click "Add New Study" on the top of the bar, in the next window select the last option "Online External Study", either "Paid" or "Credit" (usually the latter). Please contact the Psychology Technician regarding how to allocate credits to the Ps. We currently use and recommend Qualtrics as a survey tool. Contact the Psychology Technician to give you directions on how to create a Quatrics account for free.
A participant who signed up for my study did not turn up. What should I do about it?
• If the Ps notified you prior to his timeslot then mark him/her as no-show/excused
• If the Ps did not notify you then mark him/her as no-show/unexcused
In either case no credits will be given to this Ps.
I forgot my login details
Your username is you student username (i.e. initials of your full name and two or three numbers) underscore researcher (i.e., xxxx_researcher). To retrieve your password please visit our page and follow the instructions at the bottom.
How do I book a lab?
Please visit our page and follow instructions.